lanierb;152280 Wrote:
> I don't agree with this.  802.11g is 54M/s, whereas FLAC averages like
> 800k.  It would take a lot of SB3's to even make a small dent in
> bandwidth in a g system.  You should easily be able to run 20 at a
> time, if not more (and if you're running that many you probably want to
> consider a wired network anyway, even on cost grounds).  A top notch
> linksys "g" router is what, like $30?  No problem here.  And as for
> years old hardware (SB1), sure, if you had a 56k modem it wouldn't work
> too well either, but that hardly seems relevant.
>
> Lanier

I'm with you in theory...but wireless performance typically falls FAR
short of the specs.  A few walls, a little distance, some interference
(microwaves, phones, other WAPs) and soon you're piddling along at
greatly reduced rates.  Just search around this forum for proof that
people sometimes have trouble streaming higher-bandwidth stuff over
wireless.  Fact is: wireless is flaky.  Thankfully the SB's large
buffer does a good job of handling this in most cases.

--
azinck3