slimpy;144904 Wrote:
> Yes, you have to relocate them. There were some considerable changes in
> 6.5 regarding the handling of compilation albums and common album
> names. In 6.3 you had to specify every album name that existed in your
> library more than once, e.g. "Greatest Hits". If you didn't these
> albums were treated as compilation albums. This was quite cumbersome
> and did not follow common sense: Why should an album be treated as a
> compilation only because there is another album with the same name by a
> different artist. e.g I have three albums called "The Antidote" by three
> different artists.
> Slimserver now only treats albums as compilations if they have
> different artists and the files are in the same directory.
> This is only a problem for people who strictly follow the
> /artist/album/song structure and even split up compilation albums. I
> suggest you create an artist directory called "Various artists" and
> regroup your compilation albums under this entry.
>
> Another (unverified) solution you might want to try: Tag all
> compilation tracks with the COMPILATION=1 tag. I'm not sure if this
> works though as I haven't actually tried it. But telling slimserver
> explicitely to treat these tracks as compilation could do the trick.
>
> -s.

I don't think the COMPILATION flag alone will solve this, but I've been
using it along with a DISC tag which does seem to work. Just set the
DISC tag the same for each track. I use:

COMPILATION=1
DISC=0

I use 0 to differentiate from true multi disc sets, where I do uses
DISC and DISCC. There doesn't seem to be any need for DISCC in this
case, and I'm not sure if the COMPILATION tag is even needed.

When I do this, I don't even see a disc number in the song info. I
don't know whether it's because there is no DISCC tag, or because the
DISC tag is 0.

--
timrfletcher