slimpy;152954 Wrote:
> Your settings are fine so the problem must be somewhere else.
> If you can confirm the following
> -one folder per album
> -all compilation albums show up under artists - various artists
> -all files have individual ARTIST tags
> -the song info page shows the correct artist
> -you removed all playlists and did a full rescan
> then this is probably a bug. Report it at http://bugs.slimdevices.com
> Make sure there this bug has not been reported already.
>
> -s.

OK, I removed all Playlists then did a full rescan (I hadn't tried that
combo before).  All VA artists appeared in the Artists list!

I use Playlists extensively, and many of my VA-only artist tracks are
in Playlists.  When I put the Playlists back, and did a "rescan
Playlists", all those VA artists disappeared again.  Why in the world
would Playlists have anything to do with VA artists appearing in the
Artists list?  Sounds like a bug.

--
Roscoe