> While this might work if you only have a single version of each piece, I
> do have around 12 versions of some pieces. I do have a lot of organ
> music you see. And there you can have a single piece by different
> artists on different organs. And it all is interesting and used
> information. It would be great if I could search the index and see on
> what organs artist X played piece Y. So there goes the comment tag as
> well.
>
> Really, I even wish for a "verzeichnis" tag. Like BWV, KV, WQ etc. And
> I would not refuse "scale" and "Op" tags either. All usefull if looking
> for music that would go together.
>
> Problem is I have about 50/50 clasical and other music. So sacrifising
> the artist for composer isn't an option either as that would introduce
> as many problems at the other side.

I admit I don't have that many versions, but my plan is to
differentiate them through the title. So I could have...

Le sacre du printemps (Pierre Boulez- New York Philharmonic)

And

Le sacre du printemps (Leonard Bernstein - London Symphony Orchestra)

Well, that's the plan for now. I'm still noodling with tagging...

As for the other kinds of things you want to, I think you could do it
all using the comment tag and dynamic playlists.

--
Nostromo