On 12-Nov-06, at 9:19 PM, Bill Moseley wrote:

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 07:49:20PM -0800, kdf wrote:
you choose which ir files are active, and you choose which single map
file is active for each player.
look in player settings->remote.

Ah, right there in front of me!

I guess I could create more than one map file so I could have more
then one set of functions for the buttons on the remote.  It would be
nice if I could assign a button to toggle through different map files.

there is a way to create a shift key that switches maps, but it is undocumented, unused and
more or less unsupported. There is mention of it in this thread:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=15108

And from the docs, I really don't understand where [INPUT.Text]
applies.  Are there any more docs on this?

look in the docs for the input modes.  They are generic input types
that help to reduce the need for every different mode to have it's own
code for a BAR ui, inputting a text value, choosing an item from a
list, etc.

I see.  Is there a way to tell what is the current input mode?

Slim::Button::Common::mode($client) if you are using code.
otherwise, look at the d_ui logs.

And the logs are confusing, for example I see the following.
Why does it say repeat_toggle is not defined then it executes it?

probably a case of an overly verbose debug flag or not showing the full information. The ir routine does search for the current mode ir map, but then will fall back to what is found in the [common] section the repeat function works because it is there. if you trace the messages through the Slim/Hardware/IR.pm,
you should be able to see that path.

-kdf