gharris999;155780 Wrote:
> Have you tried working with a sub-set of your music library?

Yes, I thought it might be a problem with a faulty file, so I deleted
all the playlists, moved the library to a temporary folder, and put it
back in sections, testing the rescan each time I replaced another group
of files.

I started with a couple of files, and gradually increased the size
of the library.  The scans worked properly, and scanner.exe closed by
itself as it should - even in the final test on the whole restored
library.  So I thought the problem was fixed.

But then I did some more ripping, and added some new folders and
files.  This resulted in a return to the old problem described in my
initial post.

--
Diana

--