On 11/18/06, tbessie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

My software firewall on the machine I'm running SlimServer on is
blocking an attempt to connect to UDP Port 3865, apparently when
SlimServer starts up.  I've search in this forum, and seen references
to this port, but in the documentation and Wiki, there is nothing at
all about it.

Why is SlimServer (or the SqueezeBox, but I think its a component of
SlimServer -- possibly the MySql instance?) trying to connect to port
3865? Is it Not A Good Thing(tm) that my firewall's blocking it?  And
is this documented anywhere?

A quick google reveals it is probably the xPL plugin. You can disable this
plugin if you are concerned -- unless you are using xPL in which case you
would probably want to open up the port.

Given all the different plugins, it may be time consuming to list every
possible port used.  This FAQ entry tells you what SlimServer uses for its
core player communication:

http://faq.slimdevices.com/index.php?action=artikel&cat=2&id=76&artlang=en&highlight=ports

In short, TCP 3483, 9000 and UDP 3483.

I could be wrong, but I think that UDP 3483 may only be used for SliMP3
devices.

Ben