I've assumed you are on Windows. If not, hopefully you'll know what to
so.

It sound's like you may have installed 6.5 over a non-6.5 installation
without deleting the Program Files/slimserver directory. Unfortunately
the uninstall of 5.2/3 etc does not remove all the files left in this
directory and this screws up the installation of 6.5. I believe if you
search for default2 on this forum you'll find others who have had
exactly the same thing.

Add /default to the URL of your Slimserver and it'll bring you back to
the default skin (if I was you I'd add /fishbone instead and then
select Help from top right and choose the Tan version...  the best skin
for a PC by a long way imho!)

Saying this, I think you'd be wise to uninstall your current 6.5,
delete the SlimServer diretory found in Program Files and then install
6.5 from afresh again. Otherwise you may well encounter other
questions.

Why on earth there are not big warnings about this on the 6.5 download
page and the installer is beyond me. SlimDevices have had long enough
to sort it out. It's not as if it's a new issue or anything.

MC

--
ModelCitizen

Now what?