SageTV is available for Linux in an OEM version and is currently in beta
for Mac OS.

http://sageTV.com

I've been running it for over a year under Windows as my primary TV
tuner interface and PVR (two tuners dumping onto 800GB of HD in a nice
media enclosure).

Setting up an PVR/Server software under Windows is a huge hassle and
requires periodic maintenance.  I don't have personal experience
setting up Sage under Linux nor with Mac OS.  I imagine once set up the
installs will remain bulletproof however (unlike Windows).

MythTV requires a lot more tinkering and just didn't suit the PVR
experience I was looking for.

--
MelonMonkey

Bruno
*'Twisted Melon - Fine Mac OS Software' (http://twistedmelon.com) |
'mira - Personal Control for your Apple Remote'
(http://twistedmelon.com)*