Mark Lanctot;157787 Wrote:
> It's the most misused term ever devised by marketers.  It can mean
> whatever they want it to mean.  True "CD quality" is 1440 kbps WAV
> (snip).

Ok, you'll have to correct my maths here, 'cos I may be dim. CD =
44100Hz (samples per second). There is stereo data (two channels per
sample) and each channel is 16bit. So that's 44100 * 2 * 16 = 1411200
bits per second. Which is 1411.2kps or 1378.125kibps. Neither of which
values matches. What's the difference ?

Personally I wouldn't use the phrase 'WAV' anywhere near talking about
quality as it can contain all manner of data formats, but each to their
own.

--
gerph