TiredLegs;158354 Wrote:

> (By the way, I still buy CDs for about 95% of my music. The rest are
> individual songs purchased from legal sites. I don't have any personal
> stake in the success or failure of AllofMP3.com, but I resent the
> strongarm tactics of the RIAA, including its efforts to restrict
> consumers' rights to copy/record music at home for personal use.)

And me as well, though I do use Bittorrent: because DGMLive recommends
it for downloading music I purchase from them.  (Emusic and Amazon make
good money from me, though RIAA probably doesn't mainly because much of
my music is from Non-RIAA companies.)

I am also intrigued by the legal aspects of moving electronic media
across borders, which includes things like DVDs (despite MPAA's
assertions, DVDs arent copy protected: they are region-locked... you
can make a copy of an encrypted DVD and it will play just fine -- in
the same regions the original were available in).

Oh, yeah, and I am annoyed at the insane license fees for "Internet
Radio"....  Since it should be something the music publishers embrace,
just as they do over the air radio: sure, like over the air there is a
minimal piracy risk, but the chance to have your music micro-targetted
to potential customers outweighs that risk greatly.

--
snarlydwarf