snarlydwarf;160525 Wrote:
> This can be a bit misleading though. There are two basic types of
> Ethernet cables: straight and crossover.

It is defo a crossover cable and have used it to connect two machines
which do not auto-detect and get them to talk.

Have tried connecting both of these machines (one is a Dell laptop, the
other is a Linux box with old Netgear card) individually to the SB2 to
bridge and neither works.

As I say, the 'LINK' light on whatever you plug into SB2 comes on with
this cable. With a standard cable it does not (yes, I tried a standard
cable too just to be sure the doco really meant crossover).

--
raintonr