I had the same problem back on 11/29. I was using the same Slimserver /
Squeezebox setup without problems for over a year (I had upgraded
slimserver many times during that period). For some reason on 11/29 all
of my squeezeboxes (I have 3) stopped working. I narrowed it down to the
fact that my Linksys router (WRT54G v6) wasn't assigning DHCP addresses
wired or wireless. I rebooted everything several times. I noticed that
on the Linksys site there was new firmware for my router from 11/27 so
I figured that I would give it a try. It worked. It seems odd to me
that really fixed the problem and I still think that it may have been
coincidental but it may be worth a try for you.

--
fred7