I'd like to hear comments on this as well.

I love the SB and I like the Solo very much except that some people
have criticised its lack of Digital Input. From what I understand (not
much then) is that the benefit of a Dig In is that the Solo's super DAC
can do all the processing instead of your cheapo MiniDisc Player or
whatever plugged in the back. The MD player becomes just a
spinner/transport and the superior Solo DAC takes care of the sound,
rather than the simpler/cheaper one on the MD player.

Except the Solo lacks one of these inputs. So does that mean the SB or
other device converts Pandora / FLACs / whatever to analogue for the
Solo to receive OK ??

And then this bypasses the expensive Solo DAC you have shelled out for
?

I only want to buy the Solo if it is at least a little 'future-proof',
i.e. will make the very best of lossless, digitised media.

--
Digital_Chick