your momo;160865 Wrote:
> Now you maybe better understand why having a stand alone mode would have
> allow me to listen SB3 streamed music (direct out from my backup HDD)
> while I reinstall a new HDD + all the apps in my Laptop  Â…instead of
> that, my CD player will do the job.
>
> This first experience convince me on two things:
> - FLAC quality is really good and can/will replace all my CD
> - Slim products need a stand alone mode to become a real CD player
> alternative
What happened to you is more or less equivalent to the motor of a CD
player dying. You've got to replace it to get the bits to your amp.
Besides, if this hypothetical standalone mode were so useful, why would
anyone be running slimserver off a computer in the first place
(especially after paying the considerable extra $$ to have a standalone
mode)?

--
aubuti