I am happily purring along with 6.3.1 on Windows XP. Off the top of my
head, I can see no compelling reason to upgrade. I’m satisfied with
6.3.1’s performance, and in general, I have very few issues with my
implementation of Slimserver. I’ve also done quite a bit of custom
scripting to get a “Now Playing” page operating on our web site which I
would have to modify if I were to upgrade.

That having been said, I will list the few issues I do have, and I
wonder if someone can tell me if they have been addressed with later
releases.

1. Scan time is a little slow. It takes about an hour to rescan my 500+
album collection (although this may have more to do with the fact that
my music is stored on an external disc connected to an NSLU2).

2. Playing Random Song Mix results in occasionally repeated
selections.

3. Scrolling titles on the Squeezebox are sometimes a little jumpy,
especially when transitioning between songs.

4. There is no convenient way to exclude some songs from play other
than using the Zapped playlist and an additional plugin.

5. Crossfades are rudimentary. I would prefer more flexibility (i.e.
fade out but start at full volume, etc.).

--
jonheal

Jon Heal says:
Have a nice day!