Event ID:       7035
Date:           12/12/2006
Time:           10:13:57 PM
User:           ROSS-362EC2127D\Ross
Computer:       ROSS-362EC2127D
The SlimServerMySQL service was successfully sent a stop control.

Event Type:     Information
Event Source:   Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID:       7036
Date:           12/12/2006
Time:           10:14:02 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       ROSS-362EC2127D
The SlimServerMySQL service entered the stopped state.

Or is it the browser that's locking up?

Browser is not locking up.

If so, did you by any chance install earlier versions (eg 6.3) during
your hourney so far?

No I did not . I would be willing to try an earlier version if it might
work.

It appears that something is telling the server to stop. Could this be
virus software ? I run the McAfee 2007 total security package. I tried
disabling the components of McAfee but it did not seem to do anything.

--
Inniswhe