I second (actually third or fourth, I think) getting an ADSL
modem-router with a 4-port switch.  I've bought cheap stuff in the past
and you just have to bin it when your needs change.

However, you might want to get a wireless one too.  You'll buy some
wi-fi products soon, so you may as well spend the £60-odd now and get
it over with.  One product to configure - much the best way.

Adam

--
adamslim

SB3 into Derek Shek d2, Shanling CDT-100, Rotel RT-990BX, Esoteric Audio
Research 859, Living Voice Auditorium IIs, Nordost cables