Tarn;162242 Wrote:

> I really don't want to switch to one of the daily drops of 6.5.1 if I
> don't have to, but I don't want to wait much longer either.
>
> Anyone know of an approximate ETA for 6.5.1?

If you look at other postings and bugzilla, there's an impending
firmware release (71) that is being internally tested that you may want
to wait for.  I've also been asking about an official 6.5.1 release date
in the beta forum for quite some time; the replies have been mainly "It
will be ready when it's ready."  I do think that 3 months for a
third-level dot release is a little long; but more frustrating is the
lack of information about what is holding up the release (other than
what can be gleaned via Bugzilla) and what particular bugs they feel
they must be fixed prior to release.

Though there are differing opinions on the matter, I feel that getting
a reasonable 6.5.1 out there sooner for reviewers and the general
public to feel better about the product makes sense, following up with
a 6.5.2 or whatever to finish up.

--
mbonsack