Mark0;162734 Wrote:
> I read about some occasional dropouts problems with wireless, but I'm
> not sure about how serious this issue is, provided that in the range I
> plan to use it I can use a cheap PDA with not-first-class Wi-Fi
> functionality with no problems.

Your PDA has a very different usage pattern: intermittent,
low-bandwidth demand.  The SB1 will be constant,
intermediate-to-high-bandwidth demand.  So this isn't an indication
that it will work well - nor is it an indication it won't either.

Keep in mind it's also 802.11b, which means if you have an 802.11g
router, it will slow the whole network down (although not to 802.11b
speeds as popular knowledge would have you believe.)

Plus it's WEP only, so your wireless security will be somewhat
compromised.

--
Mark Lanctot