fathom39 wrote:
> I'm considering buying one of these for my 14-yo:
> Roland HP or KR-10x series
> Yamaha Clavinova CLP series
> Yamaha Nocturne
> Other legitimate makes (Kawai, Kurzweil, etc.)
>
> Any thoughts or recommendations?

This is way off topic, but here goes:

First, do you want a piano or a keyboard? Do you need 88 keys or will
fewer work? Do the keys have to be weighted and velocity sensitive?
Do you just want it to sound like a piano? or do you really want a
synthesizer that is controlled by a piano-like keyboard?
How much do you want to spend? Do you want a 'pro' or 'consumer' model
(pro models do not have amps and speakers, consumer models are plug and
play).

Go to your local bookstore and buy some magazines, Keyboard, etc.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html