i've been having the same problem here; slimserver just kept shutting
down by itself and could only be restarted again manually. in the
eventviewer i had the exact same error description.

i'm running mcafee on my pc, and with mcafee unfortunately it's not
possible to exclude *.myi and *.myd files from the virusscan. there is
however another way to do this.

virusscan options / active shield -> advanced -> select program files
and documents only instead of all files.

after i did this, my problems were history; been playing a folder with
nearly 600 songs randomly for about 6 hours this christmas, and it
never shut down by itself.

still a pity i had to lower my security because of this though.

--
strapats