Diana;166226 Wrote:

> However, MusicIP had quietly overwritten all my track number tags and
> inserted its own scheme (which seemed to include using a single track
> number for all songs in an album!)  Arrgggggh!!!!!

That's disableable, if you will.  I don't remember if it's a default or
not, but MusicIP can be configured to leave your tags alone and store
everything, including its analysis, in an external database.  I use the
Picard Tagger for tagging and MusicIP for Mixing, and even allowing
MusicIP to store its analysis in the file, it doesn't corrupt my tags

Diana;166226 Wrote:

> I wonder whether the best solution might be to review whether you
> *really* need MusicIP?

I know that wasn't directed at me, but I gotta tell you, no MusicMagic
= no SlimServer = wouldn't have bought a Squeezebox for
housewarming/Christmas, from my perspective.  Being able to make mixes
the way MusicIP does was a must-have feature for me and my family to
navigate through our library.  While I'd like to see MusicIP beef up
their API and headless operations, and would like to see the Slim and
MusicIP products have better integration in general, my family
essentially doesn't play music through the Squeezebox unless it's
courtesy of a MusicIP mix.  That's not to say that I don't listen to
podcasts or internet radio or whatever on the Squeezebox, but when it
comes to listening to *music*, MusicIP via SlimServer is how my family
is listening.

--
thing-fish

[image: http://imagegen.last.fm/3line/recenttracks/thing-fish.gif]