NauticusLX;166858 Wrote:
> SnarlyDwarf, thanks for your response.  You did recommend something that
> may be useful to me and others.  Specifically, how can I disable a menu
> item in RadioTime?  I didn't know this was possible.

You can't any more than you can disable something in Yahoo's Directory
or the Open Directory Project.... you can just remove your bookmark to
RadioTime if you don't like it.

All the stuff you see under the RadioTime menu is what is on
http://www.radiotime.com, the -exact- same layout... why?  Because, as
you move through the menu, that is fetched from their site.  Your
Squeezebox becomes a very simple web browser....

Which is exactly why I say that if you don't like what RadioTime has to
offer, why go there?  I dislike http://directory.google.com/ ... so I
don't use it.  I don't have it my Bookmark menu, so I just don't see
it.

> Also, rather than a Google for radio stations, a much simpler strategy,
> to address the RadioTime "maze" problem, would be to simply rearrange
> the menu items as they appear in the SqueezeBox - I would expect a tool
> to do this would appear before a Google for radio.

Rearranging is for RadioTime to do.  Again, what you see in the SB is
just a stripped down version of their web page.   Slimdevices can't
change the Radiotime web page.  They merely link to it.

--
snarlydwarf