msiebach;166659 Wrote:
> The only thing that I dislike about Rhapsody with the SB is that I
> cannot pick one particular song in a playlist, press play, listen to
> the track, and have it progress to the following track.  It just
> repeats the same track that I pressed play on.  You have to start the
> playlist from the playlist menu, then skip tracks until you reach the
> one you wanted to hear.  Only then, when that track ends, will the
> playlist, or album, continue to the next track.
> Does that make sense or bother anyone else?  It's a small annoyance,
> but one I have learned to live with.

There's a setting in Slimserver that makes it behave how you want for
local music (the setting is called "play other songs in album or
directory"), but I don't believe the setting applies to Rhapsody
content.

While I'll allow that some people might prefer to have all songs in an
album played when selecting an individual song (I personally don't), I
don't totally understand your complaint in the context of Rhapsody
since what you want to do can't even be accomplished in the Rhapsody
software itself!  In the Rhapsody software I don't believe there's any
way to begin playing a specific track while simultaneously loading the
entire album or playlist it belongs to into the "Now Playing" playlist.
You must load the album or playlist into Now Playing, then select the
specific song you want to have start playing.  This is precisely how
the Squeezebox works, too.

And once you've loaded the playlist you don't have to "skip tracks" to
get to the one you want.  You can just use the up and down arrows to
select the song you want in Now Playing and hit play there.  Since the
squeezebox's menus accelerate as you hold down the up or down keys it's
a much faster (and aurally pleasing) method than actually skipping
through each and every track.

--
azinck3