Hi peter,

Thanks for the info on compression.

For me, compression is not an issue. My humble collection of 230 CDs
fits into 40% of my harddrive and I can't see it increasing to fill my
disk in the near future.

I like single WAV files for my CDs and the CUE sheet generated by EAC
requires little, if any, modification. For me, it is very simple
operation and it works well. I understand that other people have
different requirements and preferences.

I used to turn FLAC comversion off and use WAV for streaming to the
Squeezebox, but because I upgrade Slimserver every week, I just accept
the defaults now. I couldn't hear a difference and streaming WAV (or
FLAC) files wasn't a problem on my little network.

I think our discussion highlights how well Slimserver works with so
many different formats and user preferences. I'd hate to be the one
supporting this application.

regards

--
Greg Erskine