ejm1385 wrote:
Seems to think it is playing something.  At one point after running CMD
prompt and then opening SLimServer through the new port on my browser,
I actually got it to play. But once I stopped it, it never came back. Tells me the connections are fine.
Also, to open SLimServer via the new port on my browser, I seem to have
to have CMD prompt running to open the new port.  What a pain.

Why don't you first try to figure out what's using port 9000 at the moment. I wouldn't be too surprised if it was another instance of slimserver. It's not very likely that some other process would grab precisely that port.

Start > Run > cmd.exe [enter]
netstat -b -v [enter]

Most aggro is caused by stuff calling itself 'Total Protection', perhaps it's impossible to switch it off.

Regards,
Peter