Improvements I'd like revolve around:

1) I managed to get Slimserver running fine, but I'm a techie. I agree
with others who ask for a more automated method for installation. Test
it on someone who just about knows what an mp3 file is and see how they
get on. Many problems resolved around plugins, and non-recovery from
crashes. Ways to make Slimserver restart itself automatically after a
crashshould be offered in the interface, or on installation. That would
prevent much anguished running up and dopwn stairs to restart it.

2) A plugin manager. I've had many experiences of Slimserver crashing,
and ages trying to make plugins work. A plugin manager that allows you
to install plugins from a list if they're compatible with yoru
Slimserver version, and lets you know which installed plugins are not
compatible would be good.

3)An off switch on the Squeezebox. When I'm not listening to it (at
least 90% of the time) I want it turned off consuming zero watts of
power. I do not want it on with a screensaver, or even on with a blank
screen.

Homeplug/powerline often works much more easily than wireless - I'd
suggest making more of that as a fix for people with wireless problems.
A homeplug squeezebox? I guess that's asking too much!

--
mecouc