Peter;168314 Wrote:
> aubuti wrote:
> > Sounds like it will be a great setup when you are done. I might not
> be
> > understanding something, but it seems to me that your proposed
> solution
> > of running a double set of cables (SB to centrally-located NAD amp,
> then
> > amp to speakers) for each room is a lot more "cable soup" than
> having
> > separate amplifiers for each speaker pair, like PBE suggested.
> >

> This situation seems to be begging for active speakers. Of course, then
> he'd have to run a power and a line level cable to each speaker. A
> centralized amp is contrary to the Squeezebox philosophy IMHO.

I thought about active speakers, but I'm not aware of any in-wall
actives. Do they exist?

I also agree about a centralized amp being contrary to the SB
philosophy. But I have come around to thinking that an SB can be
usefully paired with a (semi-)centralized amp when the zones are in
rooms that are close enough and open enough to be within earshot of one
another. Having separate slightly out-of-sync SBs that you can hear at
the same time isn't much fun.

--
aubuti