Robin Bowes;168528 Wrote:

> I don't normally use Internet radio, but I thought I'd try it to see
> if
> it worked for me.
>
> Shoutcast worked fine. I couldn't work out how to use the
> shoutcast.com
> URL [1] but using the IP address directly [2] worked fine. Also, many
> other shoutcase stations played fine.
>
> By "played/worked fine" I mean that I click the URL and the station
> begins playing in 1-2 seconds.
>
> Now, this doesn't rule out a problem with the Squeezebox/Slimserver
> combination, but it does suggest that there may be some difference in
> your setup that triggers the issue.
>
> I can understand your frustration, but it's really hard to fix
> something
> when you can't reproduce it (been there, done that, got the t-shirt).
>
> Can you remind me what your setup is, i.e. server OS, SB version,
> Slimserver version, firmware revision, network topology, etc ?
>
> R.
>
> PS. My setup is:
>
> Transporter wirelessly connected to Linksys WRT54GS using WPA2
> Linksys connected to Cisco ADSL modem/router
> Metronet broadband (unlimited, 8Mb/s)
> slimserver trunk running on Linux (FC6)
>
> [1] http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=3201
> [2] http://205.188.215.225:8006/

most of my setup info is in my sig.  i have a jan 5 07 beta.

perhaps i should repeat tho, that i am NOT saying this is a problem
that affects everyone all the time, or one that even affects me all the
time.  right now, i can listen to the stream i love NP, and thats great.
but as the problem has come and gone, (for weeks at a time in either
case) nothing, NOTHING, has changed in my setup / environment, EXCEPT
the changeover of my ISP from adelphia to comcast.

winamp never failed over this time.  SD did.

it also seemed to be introduced with whatever ver change SD made when
it sent streams directly to the SB, rather than to SS first.

now, if the problem should come back, i will wire the SB just to end
this line of speculation.  till then, there's not much i can do, if i
can't reproduce the problem myself.

all i can say is there is what is possible, and what is probable.  andy
seems to agree that based on what i've told him in many previous posts
that the wireless is NOT the culprit.

and since the OP is wired, its certainly not the culprit in his case,
which sounds a lot like what i had.

but thx for the help.  -mdw

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 w/SS 6.5.1 (beta!?) - Win XP Pro SP2 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram