slimrick;168930 Wrote:
> Greg,
> Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I have a hard wired box and a
> wireless. Maybe I tried to kick off too many things all at once
> (upgrade from 6.2.2 to 6.5, load plugin, update slim device
> firmware....). I noticed the wireless wanted a firmware update so I did
> it. the server is running fine. i started the serius selection on my
> slimserver PC. I went upstairs and the wireless will play The serius
> station I started on the server if I select "what's playing now" The
> other menu selections related to the Sirius plugin show up on the box
> but can not change the box. as long as I use the "what's playing now
> option", all is fine and it sounds great. the hardwired box can not
> connect to Sirius thru any of the Sirius menu selections. It shows the
> plugin menu options fine, but when I select them, it tries to connect
> and fails. I'm somewhat knowledgable on computer issues, but i have not
> dug into the slim device world at all. My brother gave me his old boxes
> a few months ago. It was cool at first, then I had to shut down the PC
> for a couple of months while I did some serious home renovations. I'll
> spend some quality time over the next couple of days to get my facts
> straight as well as study up on my infrastructure.
>
> thanks for the feedback
> Rick
I'm not sure when a player waiting for a firmware upgrade counts as a
client, but if you tried to access the plugin before doing the upgrade
this could have caused the crashing.

I'm a bit confused by the rest of your post.  You should be able to
access all the different options from the web interface.  What skin are
you using?  Also, what types of Squeezeboxes do you have?  If any of
them are a SB2 or later you'll need to disable built-in wma decoding as
described on the plugin website installation instructions.  Otherwise
the newer players will not be able to stream the Sirius audio.

-Greg

--
GoCubs