On 1/14/07, totoro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I love my sb3. As far as I'm concerned, my quality of life improved a
lot when I got it.

But I haven't been able to convince any of my friends to get one. One
friend _did_ decide to build a quiet pc and stick it in his living room
with a dac, but that's as close as I got.

World population: 6,525,170,264 (July 2006 est.)

This website (http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats7.htm) gives an
English-speaking Internet users estimate of 327,084,785.

1 percent market penetration is 3,270,847 people, who buy an
guesstimated average of 2.5 Squeezeboxes each, maybe for a total price
of $600 or so (sales and freebies and what have you).

That's $1,962,508,200. In other words, products can be successful
without anyone you know buying them.
--
"I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin,
So across the Western ocean I must wander" -- traditional