Before anyone gets too excited, this is an idea, not a solution ;)

I know there's been work on using a Nokia 770/800 as a remote for Slim
Server & Squeezeboxen. And I know there are plug ins to allow the
Squeezeboxen to control othe devices. And I've heard suggestion of the
idea of using the Nokia as a universal remote, except it lacks an IR
emitter.

Well, how about if you could use the Nokia to control everything
(Squeezebox and other IR-receiving appliances) by having the
Squeezeboxen to emit the IR?

Thought of this while looking at the Harmony 1000 universal remote,
which while having a nice screen, won't let me browse SlimServer music.
Oh wait, you got bought by Logitech...maybe there'll be a Harmonny
1000SB?

--
makingmark