SO I have itunes and slimserver set up on a pc I built with a 400gb RAID
1, along with a small fast disk for OS/programs, etc. It is serving
music (everything is stored as apple lossless) to my SB3 wirelessly.
All of that works fine, thanks in part to this forum.

What I am trying to figure out - and this is going to be an
embarrassingly easy question for someone to answer - is the right way
to get itunes and slimserver to live together. the particular problem
I'm having is that I have run out of room on my ipod (again, all music
= apple lossless) and want to manually manage what I put on it. however
I find that if I uncheck the track box at far left in itunes to prevent
the track being downloaded to the ipod, slimserver doesn't see the
track either.

what I want is a way to manage what goes on the ipod while still having
slimserver 1) see *all* the music on my RAID, not just what's synced to
the ipod, and 2) pick up the itunes playlists. is the solution just to
tell slimserver *not* to 'use itunes' in the server settings? is there
an easy way to transfer playlists separately from itunes to
slimserver?

thanks much for any advice.

best,

Brandt