NauticusLX;170758 Wrote:
> Wait, this may be it. I was just experimenting with the remote for the
> SB-3 and discovered that, while listening to music via SqueezeNetwork,
> if I choose the “Connect to SlimServer” option from the main menu, this
> logs me off SqueezeNetwork.   And if I do this while my PC is off (and
> therefore SlimServer isn’t running), the display just goes blank, at
> which point, I’m concluding, it’s logged onto NEITHER SqueezeBox nor
> SlimServer.  While in this state, can I conclude that it’s basically
> “turned off” and won’t display any messages that are transmitted by the
> SqueezeNetwork OR SlimServer?  Then, to turn back on, I just hit the
> left arrow, then select “Connect to SqueezeNetwork".  Notice in either
> the "power down" or "power off" routines I just described that the red
> button isn't involved at all.
>
> Might this be a reliable way to “turn off” the device, to avoid
> receiving messages from the SqueezeNetwork during the night, and that
> actually pulling the plug, or putting a granola box over it,  may not
> be necessary?

Yes, NauticusLX, this is the ideal "work-around" and is indeed exactly
what I do if I want the boxes "off" (for want of a better word to
describe the obvious non-off state!).
However, be warned, if for some unknown reason your router power
cycles, messages will be displayed (normally, "Can't find slimserver",
briefly as your computer is still off).

Whilst I appreciate your panic & frustration at this problem, my only
comment on this whole debacle is that the initial post was perhaps too
aggressive for its purpose. I, like others too, am not woken by small
point sources of light, but can appreciate that there are folk who will
be.....

TC

Nic

--