Well, FLAC sync works for me as well between an SB and a Transporter.
I'm wondering whether you are unwittingly transcoding, either because
the ogg-ogg entry in server settings/file formats isn't ticked, or
perhaps there is a bug in some table somewhere that tells the server
that the transporter is capable of playing ogg natively?

I think you could test this hypothesis by playing some ogg to each
device and then looking on the player display to see what type of
stream it is getting (arrow right for detailed stream info, then
scroll).

Ceejay

--
ceejay