Nic, when you’re as near sighted as me, a small point of light appears
much bigger.

aubuti, your previous comments did serve as inspiration, so thanks.

Regarding the in-line power switch suggestion, which has been made in a
few postings, do you think it best to hit the red button first, to
disconnect from the server, and then flick the in-line switch, or would
it matter?     A related question that arises is does the SqueezeBox
benefit from being completely powered down occassionally – an in-line
power switch would serve this added benefit.

A question that’s occurred to me is, what does the red button actually
do?  It doesn’t disconnect from the most recently used server,
according to prevous posts.  Does it simply turn off the light display
and terminate the flow of sound?

AndyG, I was thinking yesterday that the SqueezeBox was like a rose
bush. Beautiful, but with thorns.  Now, it’s simply beautiful.
But tell us how we can change the brightness of the downtime message,
hopefully it can be turned down all the way – that would be a great
solution.

--
NauticusLX