Rather than tackle this exclusively on the remote control side, I think
you could more thoroughly prevent unwanted button actions by editing
the IR/*.ir (and possibly IR/*.map) files so that SlimServer will not
recognize other button presses. Go to the web interface for SlimServer
and look at Technical Information / Button Mapping for more details.

The .ir/.map approach should thwart anyone who happens to have
something on their person that can send Slim or JVC DVD IR codes --
except probably the special "hold" functions of the Power (reboot),
Brightness (firmware update), Add (factory reset), and Left-arrow
(setup) buttons, as those are certainly programmed into the firmware of
the Squeezebox.

I think a foolproof solution would involve something like
- physically mounting the SB with its IR port blocked so that the
firmware would never see any IR codes
and
- using one of the $7 IR blaster transceiver modules and using
(modifying?) the IR Blaster plugin so that only the desired buttons are
passed to SlimServer
but I'm not sure, as I don't have an IR blaster dongle myself.

-Peter

--
peterw