Good news for you, Ben.  Wiping out my installation of Slimserver and
reinstalling fixed the problem for me.  Looks like some leftovers that
went bad.

In other news, I've noticed that the now playing page shows the title
in whatever format is set in Server Settings -> Formatting.  If I have
it set to Artist - Title the now playing page shows the title as say
"Jeremy - Pearl Jam" rather than just "Jeremy".  All tracks do this, I
just wanted to use an example.  Do you want me to submit a bug report
or would you like to add it to the to-do list?

--
4mula1