funkstar;173105 Wrote:
> Do you have Lame installed and available to AlienBBC/Slimserver?
>
> RadioIO is already in MP3 (at least i'm pretty sure it is) so
> SlimServer just send that stream directly to the player. AlienBBC
> transcodes the RealAudio streams with MPlayer to get them to play. By
> default it is streamed as FLAC to SB2/3 and WAV to SB1. You need to get
> it to stream as MP3 to the Nokia

Thats what I can't understand - Radioio works fine, Lame is installed
on slimserver(6.5 on XP), RTSP set to mp3 only and confirmed when
playing stream to Squeezebox3.
I've tried bitrate limit of 128kbps, but the N800 media player just
sits there.
My flac'ed music streams fine which must mean an mp3 conversion
Thanks for your reply by the way.

--
norman12