RalphO;173370 Wrote:
>  One idea I was looking to explore was some of Radio 5 live feeds.  You
> see I am a Brit living in the US.  Premiership football matches are
> only available on the Radio 5 web site for UK listeners.  I had the
> idea that if I could get my brother (in the UK) to install Slimserver
> and AlienBBC on his computer I might be able to connect to it over the
> internet and hear the feed.  I do not know whether it will work, I
> guess I have to try to find out.

I'm not sure this will work for you because of the restrictions that
the BBC place / have placed on them with streaming Premiership matches
over the internet.  I am based in the UK, with a UK ISP and I often
switch on R5 Live via Slimserver (using AlienBBC) and via
Squeezenetwork when the matches are on to hear a "-sorry, due to
licencing restrictions we cannot transmit this item via internet
radio-" or something similar. I can hear them fine if I open up the
feed via the BBC website or using my cable provider (which has radio
channels).

--
Siduhe