MrSinatra;174624 Wrote:
> well vic, my guess is that if i developed the software, i'd have to give
> them the source code, which they then could use and develop freely and
> distribute, so who would pay for what i did?
>
> you're right tho, i'm not a developer and i only have tertiary
> knowledge.  way to be classy pointing that out.

Open source companies exist, nevertheless. They usually get paid for
consulting/service and sometimes custom (pay) versions of their
products.

>From the 4-6 weeks comment, I would say you have a level of knowledge
that is asymptotically approaching zero. Yet you persist in making
claims about what it would take to do things. Do expect people not to
call you on that?

I'm not saying that I think slimserver is the best piece of software
I've ever seen (I mean, there are really amazing things like photoshop
out there). But mindless ranting and spouting of pretend-knowledge
certainly won't help.

--
totoro

squeezebox 3 -> mccormack dna .5 -> audio physic tempo 4