I am having the same problem.  Here is more detail.

I have playlists I saved with the version of SlimServer prior to 6.5.0.
They all worked.  I saved a copy of the playlist directory.

I then uninstalled Slimserver and then installed 6.5.0. This
reinitialized the default play list directory.  I then set the playlist
directory to the location where I copied the playlists to.

Slimserver would not recognize the playlists in the directory I pointed
it to.  I then selected the "Only rescan playlists" choice on rescan
music library and did a rescan.  It ran for several minutes, to no
apparent effect.  Slimserver still does not see my playlists.

Is there something else to try?

--
tweis