bklaas;175756 Wrote:
> Okay, you've largely convinced me the hybrid IR/WiFi thing is well
> beyond my humble reach. I'm sure I'd get halfway through and find out
> Apple has some kind of pre-emptive patent on it too. ;)

That's too bad, the IR/wifi idea is really great.  But as I said, you'd
have to get some indication that the IR signal was received before
trying the same command with wifi.  Without bidirectional IR, this is
tricky.

> And since you asked, my little weather app says we just topped out at a
> balmy 1 degree F (that's around -17 C for the metric elite).

"Down here" in the tropics 138 miles south of you it's a balmy -8 C, 18
F.  T-shirt weather - think I'll go to the beach.

--
Mark Lanctot

"It's like, you know, a New Age religion, but with better treble
response." - Jon Heal