MrSinatra;175802 Wrote:
> for some reason, when i went to start SS from the system tray, it
> wouldn't respond, no left or right click.
>
> so, i brought up task manager and its a whopping 67,924K and climbing
> incrementally.
>
> end process did kill it np, and it restarted np.
>
> any idea why this happened?

68MB is fairly standard.  I've seen mine range anywhere from 35MB to as
much as 100MB, but it tends to rise and fall a little.  SlimServer seems
to keep huge amounts of data in memory.  Plugins are also kept in
memory, so the more plugins you activate, the more memory is used.
Also, I've encountered a number of poorly written plugins that are bad
about releasing memory.

> also any idea why slimtray is currently using some 13+ megs?  it does
> very little imo, thats pretty bloated.

SlimTray is written in Perl and uses the same ActiveState method to
create an EXE - bundling the complete Perl interpreter into the
application itself.  You're right, it does very little, but I'm
surprised it's that small.

--
JJZolx

Jim