ceejay;175834 Wrote:
> This has been covered at great length elsewhere - not least in the
> enhancement requests we filed a year ago. But the problem is broader
> than just the way we can browse.  We need additional tags (Performer,
> at least), the means to browse or search by composer  performer and
> conductor independently AND then some flexible browsing.  The so called
> "advanced" search is almost a joke in this context.
>
> I have used some of your plugins - and very helpful they are too - but
> as you have acknowledged more than once they are sticking plasters on
> the side of SS rather than a proper fix.  So, although I have used your
> plugins to add "Performer" for display purposes, I can't use it to
> search.
>
> Ceejay

If you put the performers in the comment tag, you could use the

But, I agree, the advanced search function is useless for me right now.
A couple of things could make it more useful.

- Support for more tags, like rating for example. And, why not, support
for the performer tag.

- It would be great if we could save a given search.

For example, suppose you want to hear Glen Gould playing J.S. Bach. You
could do the following search:

- Artist: J.S. Bach
- Perfomer: Glen Gould
or, alternatively:
- comment: performer is Glen Gould

Then you save your search, give it a name, something like "Gould plays
Bach". So the next time you'll want to hear Gould playing Bach, you'll
just have to click on "Gould plays Bach". And I assume your search
would auto-update: if you add an album where Gould plays Bach, it will
automatically be added. So it would a bit like Mac OS X smart folders.

--
Nostromo