nano2nd;176159 Wrote:

> I'm not so concerned about our equipment being outlawed - it would be
> hard for Big Media/whoever to put the genie back in the bottle so to
> speak. Thinking about it, my concern is more that the older "open"
> mediums such as CD will be replaced over time and people like us will
> be in the minority.

Yeah outlawed was a little harsh, I was thinking more along the lines
of cease production court order. Probably far-fetched, but I did see
Slingbox mentioned on EFF. In my view Slingbox is more than
linguistically related to Squeezebox.

I agree; CD will be phased out in favor of mp3, while people who prefer
tangible media will have the next generation of DRM laden SACD to enjoy.

--
Skunk