I just installed Slimserver on a Windows XP box. I am trying to use
Slimserver to play music on the same machine in which slimserver is
installed, which will be hooked into a multi-zone amplifier. My
objective is to be able to remotely control the music playing on that
server through the  web interface. Now for the problem.

In order to play the music from Slimserver, I need to run an MP3 client
on the server. The first I tried was Itunes. After connecting to the
slimserver, I get the "welcome to slimserver" message and the song
metadata  displayed in Itunes. However, I don't get any music. It also
appears that slimserver, doesn't seem to recognize the "remote" player,
as I was expecting to see it listed in the upper right corner of the
display. I get the same result using other mp3 clients from this
machine as well as remotely from my mac. When I run Softsqueze either
on the server or remotely on the mac, it is recognized by slimserver
and music does play, albeit softly. Any suggestions as to what I am
doing wrong?

Jeff

--
Jeff1955