egd wrote:
ModelCitizen;178484 Wrote:
Wouldn't that make it impossible to use the Squeezebox whilst using
Windows?

I guess it would mean having to run Linux to use the SB3 without the
performance issues.  I can see why it might be a problem for someone
who wants to retain a windows desktop for reasons other than
slimserver.  Dual boot may however be a good way to discover that
transitioning to Linux is actually pretty easy.

There are performance issues in Linux as well. My example of 50 seconds to start playing a subfolders containing 1500 tracks was measured on Linux.

If you want to play with Linux, try the bootable SlimCD first.

Regards,
Peter