Secret Squirrel;178575 Wrote:
> Well, I noticed that the site was under construction. I can't say
> whether the author still wants to hand out his software. I could PM you
> the program it's small, but probably the best thing is to just use
> Notepad, WordPad, or some other editor. Find/Replace works just as well
> and you're even in a bit more control.

I use the excellent PSPad text editor http://www.pspad.com to edit
playlists by hand. When I re-rip things in a different format, PSPad's
search-in-files facility is brilliant for finding all instances of an
album in all my playlists, so I  can quickly get to the ones that
matter.  It also supports regexp search/replace, so if I'm feeling
brave I can have a go at automating the renaming (it's never as simple
as ".mp3" --> ".flac", sigh).

Alternatively, I use MediaMonkey and visit each of my playlists in turn
- "missing" tracks stand out like a sore thumb.  Still use PSPad to fix
them, though.

-- Brian

--
Brian Ritchie